Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20 ~ The Science of Mind in a Year

MEDITATIONS
By Ernest Holmes

The following meditation is printed just as it was given in class and group work.

I Represent The Principle of Perfection

"In each human being, the Whole is represented, and the entire knowledge of wisdom, of health, and the perfection of every act, manifests - is represented - and it is through this Inner Divine Voice, the Divine Nature within us, that we are able to perceive and trust, and come into conscious contact with, this Divine Principle.  In the sight of this Within, we are perfect.  We must try to see ourselves as God sees us, free and filled with vitality and sufficiency for every occasion.

It is not enough to confess that God is the only Power there is.  It is only when this consciousness of power is hooked to the dynamo of the mind that there is generated, through the imagination, an embodiment of that which is able to loose it in any direction it sees fit.  It is not enough merely to say that there is One Mind and that Mind is God.  To this we must add:  "That Mind is my mind now."  That completes the thought, makes possible a loosing of the Divine Intelligence through our own imagination.

Let us not forget that, in treatment, we must sense the embodiment of that which we wish to experience.  The statements which are made in the treatment are for the purpose of delivering to the imagination, in a certain form, THAT WHICH WAS TRUE BEFORE WE MADE THE STATEMENTS.  The whole problem is not one of creation, but one of direction, and there is no direction unless there is first an embodiment.  Let us try this in our meditation.  We know that we reflect the Divine Perfection and that there is an intuition within us which guides us.  We know that all the power there is and all the presence there is, is this perfect Spirit, this Divine Reality, which is around us and through us and in us.  Now, each turning directly to his own thought says:

"The Spirit within me, which is God, the Living Spirit Almighty, is Perfection.  It is Wholeness; It is Peace.  It is Divine Guidance, Perfect Peace, Complete Wholeness, Absolute Perfection, and right now, this moment, this Spirit governs every act of my life.  It surrounds me with Light, in which there is no darkness, no gloom, no heaviness and no fear.  In this Light, I live and move and have my being.  And this Light dispels all darkness and casts out all fear.

"This Divine Wisdom within me guides every act, directs everything in my life, toward happiness, toward peace, toward power, and being the Spirit of Love, It surrounds me with beauty, with friendship and with joy.  Being the Giver of Life, every day I receive that which is perfect, abundant, happy, joyful and free.  Being that Divine Thing which individualizes in me, It is entirely individual, personal and unique.  I am the expression of my own complete self, and there is no barrier or bar to that self-expression.  Being the Spirit of Substance, that Spirit within me is the Father of Supply, and It brings to me everything necessary to my unfoldment, and keeps me in the wisdom through which It governs me, now and forever."

I Represent the Principle of Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment