Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 7 ~ The Science of Mind in a Year

MEDITATIONS for Self-Help and Healing ~ Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind

"In these short meditations I have tried to set forth some ideas which my experiences in mental healing have given me.  I have found that a few brief statements, mentally affirmed, followed by a silent meditation, have been most effective in the healing work.

Most of these meditations have been written in the first person in order that those using them may be able to do so just as they are written.

It is not claimed that there is any occult power in the words, but that words similar to these are effective in inducing a greater realization of life.

First, decide which meditation you wish to use; then become quiet and composed.  Then carefully read the meditation several times, phrase by phrase, endeavoring to realize the meaning of the words and trying to enter into the atmosphere of the thought.  After having done this, meditate upon the words, following that meditation until  you feel a sense of realization."

My Profession

My profession is the Activity of the Great Mind working through me.

As such It is a Divine Activity and is constantly in touch with Reality.

I am inspired in my work from On High with lofty ideals, And my thought is illumined by the All-Knowing One.

No comments:

Post a Comment