Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 3 ~ The Science of Mind in a Year

PHYSICAL PERFECTION
By Ernest Holmes

Paralysis

"Use the thought that Life cannot become paralyzed or inactive.  Life is forever present in Its fullness.  Therefore, where any form of inaction appears we should endeavor to recognize and realize the presence of Life and action.  The Spirit is neither inactive nor is It too active.  Its action cannot be cut off or need it be added to; where the seeming inaction is we should declare for right action.  As in constipation, there is a thought of restriction back of the manifestation of paralysis; often there is a very emotional nature to deal with, and often, though not always, a lot of stubbornness and resistance to heal.

Sometimes the husband or wife, having seen the other suffering from paralysis, will resent so thoroughly the bondage of the loved one, that further power is given to the belief, and the same condition begins to manifest in his or her body.  This person must be shown that in Mind there is perfect freedom, and that in this freedom nothing can bind him, either mentally or physically, that nothing which he ever did or thought or that anyone else did or thought, can bind him, that the very Life of God is his freedom, that this Infinite Life and Action compels him to act out the truth about himself on the objective plane.

When Jesus healed the paralyzed man, He first made him whole in consciousness, then told him to take up his bed and walk.  This is the perfect example for us to follow in the healing of any case of paralysis.  The practitioner should know, without shadow of doubt, that the very power by which the paralytic took up his bed and walked - the power by which Jesus raised His body - is exactly the same power by which paralyzed legs and arms are vitalized and made whole today.  A consciousness of the One Indwelling Presence must be built up, then the patient must accept this consciousness and act upon it.  Life is an idea everywhere present in Mind, and It must be accepted as present in the organs which seem paralyzed.  The following meditation is a good one to use:

"Infinite Spirit, Complete Essence of Life, is now my life.  That which is animated by Perfect Spirit or Life, must express or be like that which animates it.  My thought now rests in contemplation of my real self and that clarified thought makes easy the way for the operation of the Life Essence through me.

"There is no inaction or paralysis in Mind, the Mind of God.  There is no inaction or paralysis in Body, the Body of God.  All manifest life is some part of the Body of God.  My body is some part of the Body of God; right where the inaction appears to be, there is real life and action.  The free-flowing life of Spirit is now energizing every part of my being and quickening it into life and action.   The Spirit has never been paralyzed nor can It be.  I feel the life of the boundless action and energy of Spirit flowing through me.  I am free.

"The perfect co-ordination and functioning of the parts of my body, in their inter-related action, is in perfect rhythm and harmony.  I am conscious of this perfection...this beauty, this perfect action...first, in my thought, then I recognize it in my body as the thought becomes the thing.  I no longer entertain the thought of bondage.  I am no longer influenced by the belief that there is, or can be, any life or action apart from God.  I do not struggle.  I feel my freedom flow from within me.  It is complete, perfect and flowing now.  I am thrilled with the Almighty force of the Universe as it courses through every part of me.  It quickens every part of me into a newness of life and action.  I am the power of God within me, making the physical man perfect.  I am free.

"I know that there flows through me now the Perfect Life Essence.  My body is the abiding place of this Life.  The very stuff of which my body is formed is an Eternal and Perfect Substance.  My body reflects the perfect motion, the rhythmic ease of Mind in action.  Perfect Life is mine.""

No comments:

Post a Comment