Friday, December 9, 2016

December 9 ~ The Science of Mind in a Year

PHYSICAL PERFECTION
Ernest Holmes

Healing Intemperance

""The Spirit within me does not long for anything.  It is free, safe, and satisfied.  There is no sense of insecurity or of inferiority.  I am not seeking to avoid anything.  I am conscious of my ability to meet every situation.  There is neither depression nor discouragement in my mental outlook on life.  I do not look to anything outside myself to give me pleasure, comfort or certainty.  I do not long for anything and I am not afraid of anything.  My whole inner being is conscious of its unity with God, of its oneness with Spirit.  There is not pleasure in intemperance, nor can it offer any suggestion of happiness to me.  I now see this habit for exactly what it is, an illusion, which seeks to force me to believe that there is some power outside myself which can give me either pleasure or pain.  I do not anticipate such pleasure, nor is there any suggestive power in this habit which can cause me to believe that it has ever, under any circumstances whatsoever, given me pleasure.  I am forever free from this thought, and from its effects.  I do not will myself free from this habit, rather I perceive this habit is neither person, place nor thing.  Having no law to operate, it cannot function.  Having no intelligence of its own, it cannot suggest.  Having no mind, it cannot will.  I am now forever free from the mistaken belief that it was ever a thing of itself.  I see it as forever separated from my real self, forever divorced from my imagination, thought and conviction.  I am free now."

The practitioner must realize that the words he uses are the Law unto that thing whereto they are spoken.  He must have a calm, unfaltering trust in his ability to reveal the real man, and in so doing, to free the physical man from the false belief.  "The words that I have spoken unto you are Spirit and are life."  The practitioner must know that the false desire is exactly nothing, that it has no power over anyone, that his patient is pure Spirit and is wholly satisfied within himself.  As a result of such statements there should come to the practitioner's mind a conviction that the appetite from which he is freeing his patient is entirely dissipated, that is, it ceases to be.  It is not.  It never existed in Spirit and can no longer appear to exist in or operate through the one whom he is healing."

No comments:

Post a Comment