Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December 7 ~ The Science of Mind in a Year

PHYSICAL PERFECTION
Ernest Holmes

Thoughts about Food

"Food must be a spiritual idea.  It must be an idea of substance and supply.  Since the food which we take into the system is fundamentally one with the body which receives it, there is no reason in Spirit why our food should harm us.  We cannot expect to overeat or to eat the wrong things and have them agree with us.  But there is an intelligence within us which will guide us into a proper diet.  Since each is an individual, the intaking of food is an individual idea and an individual idea and an individual approach to Reality.  Whatever our individual physical system needs to make it harmonious, Intelligence will guide us to.   But we cannot expect to have our food agree with us if we are constantly condemning it.

"My food agrees with me and I agree with it.  There is not condemnation in me or working through me.  I understand that food is a spiritual idea of Substance and I am now in complete agreement with this idea.  Everything that I eat is perfectly assimilated and perfectly eliminated.  I have no trouble digesting my food, for digestion is also a spiritual idea and works in perfect harmony with all that I take into my system.  My system is spiritual and harmonious with every idea that passes through it.  My food is spiritual and harmonious with my system.  Substance and supply for the physical body are both spiritual and cannot create any inner disturbance whatsoever.""

No comments:

Post a Comment